During this episode, Amber Anderson (Co-Founder of MORE) sits down with Joy Bennett (owner of Joy W. Bennett Consulting) to learn more about the lessons she’s learned about managing priorities, work, business and family after her daughter, Elli, passed away at eight from a severe heart condition in 2008.
- When work meets life. Lessons learned about life, family, career and business after a tragedy.
- Readjusting to life: Finding yourself after a tough season. Processing it all. Figuring out how to find solace outside of work and the danger of using work as your comfort zone.
- Life as a season. Life experiences are seasonal. Remembering where you are today is temporary. Learning to embrace the now.
- The value of time. Finding comfort in knowing your worth and the value of your time. Being clear about what matters most to you. And how being present is more than just being there.
MORE ON OUR GUEST
Joy Bennett has over 17 years of experience as a marketing consultant. She partners with businesses and nonprofits around the world (tech, manufacturing, transportation, finance, health care, humanitarian, and media) to tell their stories and woo supporters in authentic and compelling ways.
She has traveled internationally and presented at conferences, in boardrooms, and via webinar on everything from branding to bedside manner. She is married with four children, three living.
Connect with Joy:
- Website: joywbennett.com
- Twitter: @writingjoy
- FB: facebook.com/wordsbyjb
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/joywbennett
WANT MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO AND RATE THE SHOW.
Thanks for listening! We hope you’ll subscribe at iTunes or Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts. And if there are topics you want us to tackle or specific questions you have, let us know. And don’t worry, if we don’t have the answers, we’ll find someone who does. Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.