Amber and Kai sit down for a hard conversation about race relations in the United States and the role we, as parents, play in creating a better world.
- Tackling topic topics. Parenting in today's racial climate.
- Charlottesville, VA, police brutality and how social injustice is impacting our communities.
- Getting past the surface. Building real connections. Having more meaningful, and authentic, conversations.
- Raising the next generation of kids and the unconventional tools that we're exploring to create a better environment for our son.
- The racist next door.
- Black students make up just 18 percent of children in U.S. preschools, but make up half of those youngsters who are suspended.
- Black boys receive two-thirds of all school suspensions nationwide - all demographics and both genders considered.
- In Chicago, 75 percent of all students arrested in public schools are Black.
WANT MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO AND RATE THE SHOW.
Thanks for listening! We hope you’ll subscribe at iTunes or Stitcher or wherever you get your podcasts. And if there are topics you want us to tackle or specific questions you have, let us know. And don’t worry, if we don’t have the answers, we’ll find someone who does. Email us anytime at email@example.com.